The European Advertising Academy (EAA) is a non-profit association with the objective to promote, disseminate and propagate high-quality research in practice in the field of advertising and its applications, including the results of the aforementioned research, for the benefit of academics and professionals working in the field of advertising.
EAA is closely related to the yearly International Conference on Research in Advertising (ICORIA). The purpose of the conference is to create a forum where people studying advertising in the academic world could exchange ideas, and where they could meet with practitioners who have experience with advertising in the commercial world.
In order to strengthen the professional foundation of people involved in advertising research, the association has the following purposes:
- To provide a larger international network in the field of advertising research
- To provide a forum for research presentations and evaluations;
- To provide publication outlets for high quality research
- To support young researchers in the field of advertising
- To foster a broad variety of methodological approaches and research issues in advertising research, and encourage cross fertilisation between approaches
- Develop an agenda of research topics